Monday, December 22, 2008

Help! I'm Trapped in the Kitchen!

And I'm not cooking.

Hubby and a coworker's husband are in the living room putting in our new floor. Which I could not be more thrilled about. I've been having a hard time living with no carpet, no floor, and all our furniture spread willy nilly the last week.

The walls are painted and hopefully tonight the new floor will be in. Woohoo!

But while they work I am stuck in the kitchen doggy sitting. The baby gate is up and the door to the outside is open so they can go in and out ... and I'm FREEZING my butt off!

I've taken photos of the progress and will share when we're done. I'm really excited with the flooring we picked out. It's gorgeous...very rich looking, without actually requiring a rich wallet. =) It cost less than I expected actually. It's a wood looking laminate and goes well with the country theme we like.

I hope everyone is staying warm. They're calling for more snow and cold weather in the next few days. I hope so and at the same time I don't ... mom said we may not have Christmas if the roads are too bad. Which would so totally suck. Regardless, we'll make it with the chains on our truck tires.

1 comment:

Sandee said...

New flooring is a wonderful thing. You will be so happy when it's done. I hope it's done soon so you can close the door and warm up some. Just saying.

Have a terrific rest of the day. :)