Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Free for All?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Why does the government need to mandate free broadband? What business is it of the gov'mnt if some folks don't have broadband? Private companies have been working to upgrade people to broadband for years now. And some people have chosen to keep their dial up because it's cheaper.

I understand government involvement in some things like roads and electricity, but I will never understand the government reach into things like this.

Who will pay for the "free" broadband? Why...the taxpayer of course. Well, the 50% of us who actually pay taxes.

And if the government controls this "free" broadband access they can then take it away, right?

I think the plan stinks.

3 comments:

Sandee said...

They. Want. To. Control. Everything. and. Everybody. :)

CastoCreations said...

Isn't it frightening?!? What if they said I couldn't visit my favorite Comedy site!!!???!!! =)

jana said...

So, I pay ComCast about $80 per month for broadband (I'm no sure exactly HOW much because it's bundled in with my cable and phone). Anyway, does this mean my bill goes down because it's "free" now? Is it "free" to everyone? Or just a select few?

If it's free to everyone, we'll be hearing about Comcast begging for a "bailout" because of all of the income they will lose... If it's just a select few, then my bill will go up even more so that I can pay for mine and someone else's...

Either way? It's another crock of crap. The government has GOT to get out of our business.