Monday, January 18, 2010

I Love Electricity

Our power went out last night around 1 a.m. I cannot emphasize how much I love having power. I don't see how people got through life without it oh so many years ago. When our power went out when I was younger, I loved it. It was fun and exciting (and no school was always a hopeful possibility).

Now I just want my lights, TV, and computer. I took Marshal to Fred Meyer just to get out of the house and get some distractions. He was great ... looking at all the colors of the packaging on the shelves. It was adorable.

I cannot even explain how much I adore him. Even though he's going through a very fussy phase - he's teething and there's lots of screaming - he just makes my heart ache with love. I wish there was something more I could do to relieve his pain. We're using teething tablets and tylenol. But only sparingly and mostly around evening when it's bed time. He seems a lot fussier then, but yesterday he screamed for 45 minutes straight when grandma baby sat.

When the power came back around 5 p.m. this evening I literally jumped up and down in excitement. I can not imagine my stress at putting my baby to bed in the dark (with candles and kerosene lanterns) and trying to sleep with the generator running. And it just now occurred to me that we could have plugged in a couple of lamps. Duh. We just had the fridge and our neighbor's fridge plugged in...oh and the coffee pot and toaster. The essentials. :)

It's back to work tomorrow. I'm completely swamped and have to start working on my desk notes and training schedule. Last day count down - April 23! And in the mean time I need to study my butt off and get my Insurance License. SO exciting!

No comments: