Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Thunks

I haven't done a Thursday Thunks in awhile but today's questions caught my eye. :)

1. You are walking down the road and you look down. There is a bug. Do you step on it?
No...I hate gooey stuff on my shoes. HATE it I tell you. And the sound/feel of crunching makes me want to run and hide. I do hate bugs though so if it needs to die hubby is the one to do it.
2. What is one fantasy that you want to come true more than any other?
Um...I don't have one. Sorry. I know that's boring, but I just don't have "fantasies". Maybe I'm too realistic or just have no imagination.

Oh wait...if I had to find one I'd say my "fantasy" is to own my own jewelry/bead store and make money doing what I love. :)
3. Someone knocks on your door. Do you look out the window to see who it is before you open it? Do you open it regardless of who it is?
I have a hard time ignoring people. If I'm not expecting anyone I get pretty nervous, especially if I'm home alone. For some reason we have no peep hole and the only window with a view of the front porch is in the kitchen. It's not easy to subtly look out to see who it is without them seeing me.

So most of the time I do open the door, but with my foot at an angle to block it if someone tries to push it in (is that paranoid?) and with four dogs at my feet and one barking wildly. :)

4. Have you ever eaten Play Doh?
Not that I can remember or would ever admit!
5. What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon as a child and why?
I can only remember loving to watch Garfield, but I think it was just a video recording that my grandma had. :)

The only other show I remember consistently watching was not a cartoon...it was Saved by the Bell. It's a classic!
6. Are you a "people watcher"?
Oh heck yes! I love to watch people. People are weird and entertaining.

7. I have a bowl of fruit. There are apples, oranges & pears. You help yourself to one - which one do you choose?
Uh...none of the above thanks. I'm not a big fruit person and I don't eat other people's fruit. Thanks.
8. What is your biggest pet peeve in the blogging world?
I agree with Speak Dog Speak...music starting on a blog without permission is the WORST! Why do you think I want to hear your stupid music?!?! Plus I'm usually at work and I don't need the attention drawn to me. Jeez people. Help me out.
9. What is one religion that you could just never see yourself joining?
Islam...I love the scarves honestly but could never follow the rules. Even though I don't drink. :) And if Scientology is considered a real religion that's another one. Though I don't consider a "real" religion. It's a cult really. Oh and Jehovah's Witnesses. I LOVE celebrating holidays.
10. What word do you use far too often?
Hmmm...when I write or when I speak? I'm not sure. I don't really cuss all that much (more so on my blog than anywhere else) and I go through phases of using various words.

Oh I know...hubby says I say "hate" too often. ROFL "I hate this" or "I hate that" ... he doesn't like it. :)

11. How long do you spend in the shower?
As long as I possibly can. Preferably until the hot water runs out. It's been that way my whole entire life. When I was a teenager I would stay in there for 45 minutes. It drove my mom crazy! I have no idea what I did for that long. But even today I take at least 15 to 20 minutes if the water stays hot.
12. If you were to write a personal ad about yourself, what would it say?
Really? I've never written one. I like Jana's answer: "Anti-social recluse seeks own company. Must love dogs." heh.
13. Your favorite flavor of soup is....?
Recently Campbell's Tomato with noodles. YUM!!! I had it for dinner last night with some shredded cheese sprinkled on top. But I also love the Lipton Noodle Soup (with no fake chicken pieces). It's very relaxing and soothing.
14. You are sitting on a bench in the park and a bug walks in front of your feet.... do you squash him?
See answer #1. Any crunching is unacceptable.

No comments: