For the next two weeks, hubby and I have $70 left. He got paid yesterday and after paying all the bills due before his next pay period we were in the hole over $450. So, since it's the first day I transferred money from his savings account. And we're left with $70 bucks.
The next payday will be less painful although we will still have bills due. They shouldn't be as high. We had some residual bills from the month before (hubby's Visa for one) that shouldn't be as large next time. And I'll set some money aside to help pay the majority of bills that hit for hubby's first paycheck of the month.
Last night hubby called and asked permission to buy coffee (he's working night shifts again). LOL I told him he had to make that decision but we have two weeks until his next payday. We have to buy milk and bread and staples. I'll still be paying for my gasoline from my paycheck...without my job I won't have that expense so it makes since to cover it for now. But we'll still need gas for the truck, which we won't use very often. That coffee is over $2.50. So we're down to $67.50.
We still have a few days left on our daycare package for the dogs but Timber will be the only one going. And only once a week at most. When those days are out we will re-evaluate our situation. With our schedules (hubby has been working some overtime shifts) we are having a hard time exercising the dogs enough. Timber needs the most as he is the youngest and has the most energy.
So our experiment begins. My hope is that we won't be forced to live off of one salary and that we can continue to do so voluntarily. If I do get to keep my job we'll have that much more to save toward our future log cabin. :)