Friday, March 6, 2009

Off the Wagon

Well, I lasted over two months without a single drop of chocolate.

I didn't give in to any sort of craving. Hubby had a cupcake with chocolate frosting and didn't eat the frosting. I couldn't let it go to waste. I think it's practically a sin to not eat frosting!

So that ended my New Year's Resolution of 2009.

But honestly? Did ANYONE expect a pregnant lady to avoid chocolate? Really?

This pregnant lady is sobbing. I can't stop tonight. Hubby is at work. And as I was dropping Entrecards I ran across one of the pet blogs and they had a sinfully depressing story of hounds in Georgia. Not a good thing. I think sad dog stories (and cat stories) make me more sad than sad human stories. Why is that?

So now I'm sitting here crying. The doggies are sleeping. And I will probably go to bed early.

The good news is that I got some jewelry finished and started some new pieces too.

At least something good happened tonight. *sigh*

2 comments:

Sandee said...

I'm just like you. I hate sad animal (pet) stories. I think it's because they are the innocents. They put all their trust in us. They love us unconditionally. I think that's why.

Eat chocolate honey. Why not! Big hug. :)

pamibe said...

Sandee's right; it's because they're helpless and trust us implicitly. When that trust is broken, it's a sad thing.

Babies and old people get me too. It must be the helpless thing. Or the trust thing, I'm not sure which.

I ate chocolate last night, too. Hubby brought it home, so... it was fair game. ;-)