Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP

I'm not so fussed about celebrity deaths, in general. Farrah Fawcett's surprised me and it's sad but not devestating.

Nor is Michael Jackson's death devastating. But it seems more sad to me. . . maybe it's because I have such fond memories of his music as a young girl. I can clearly and vividly remember bouncing and dancing around my living room when I was 5 or 6 years old with my best friend to the Thriller Album. Oh how I adored him then. I still enjoy listening to his older tunes.

Even in my favorite "Thriller" era he had changed his look, but at least he still looked black. And I thought he was dreamy (at the time).


It doesn't surprise me that he's died. He was a total freak who mutilated himself beyond recognition. I mourn for the young boy who had so much talent but never seemed to have a chance.

I feel most sad for his children. I wonder what will become of them.

No comments: