Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back to Work

It was a great get away...my mom and I went to Vegas over the weekend. We stayed at the Monte Carlo and other than being smokier than I expected it was great. My mom didn't notice the smoke at all. I think I'm just extra sensitive.

We even went in the "lazy river" which was a blast. My mom hasn't been in a pool in over 35 years! Nor have her legs seen the sun. Yeah, she got a little sun burned. :)

We got back Monday afternoon and went right to the hospital. My MIL is so far in good spirits but the effects of the chemo haven't really hit her yet. They just started the first round yesterday.

She has the worst, most aggressive, kind of Leukemia. AML I think it's called. She'll be on super intensive chemo for seven days to kill off ALL of her bone marrow. Then they will start testing her to see if the cancer is in remission. If not, more chemo.

It's stressful and I'm not sure how hubby will ultimately handle the whole situation. Especially if the worst occurs.

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Glad you had a great weekend in Las Vegas with your mom. Sorry about the smoke though. I can't stand all the smoke either.

My thoughts and prayers remain with your MIL.

Have a terrific day. :)