Monday, April 6, 2009

Must Read - Blame the Rich

I love Bill Whittle. He is brilliant.

The top ten percent, that pays sixty percent of the total income tax and which allows the bottom half – HALF! – to pay nothing… Those horrible, greedy bastards are not using their free-will generosity as “efficiently” as the government can, so let’s just take more of their money and call it square.

When I first started working for my current employer I was 21 years old, having just recently been fired from one job and lucky enough to get a new one, but still quite poor.

My attitude was quite left leaning...I thought people with lots of money were selfish and spoiled. It never occurred to me that they actually WORKED for their money.

I was quite blessed to have met my (now) hubby and my then boss were both conservative and patient with me. My boss was WONDERFUL and explained so many things to me, patiently and without condescension. Hubby was just patient and smiled at my silly ideas a lot.

I don't blame rich people for my problems. Or the problems of our country.

No comments: