Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hiding from Reality

Reality isn't all it's cracked up to be you know. Lately I haven't felt like listening to my favorite radio shows - Rush Limbaugh, Michael Medved, and Hugh Hewitt. Instead I take out my iPod and dive into the Harry Potter series for the umpteenth time.

Escape. I've done it before...it isn't just because our president is a narcissistic jackass. I had moods like this back when W was president too. I just don't want to know what is going on in the world. It seems quite depressing and I don't need help being depressed.

My dog didn't help...hubby called yesterday to tell me he was taking Timber to the vet because he was acting really weird. The vet though that maybe he'd pulled a muscle or something in his back leg area because he seemed sensitive there. So he sent them home with an anti-inflammatory medicine. But when I got home from work Timber was acting even more strangely...almost like he was stoned.

When I started getting ready for bed we discovered the reason. Damn dog. As if I need any more stress in my life right now. Thank GOD he seemed okay this morning....though maybe slightly hung over.

So you'll pardon me if I take a break from reality. I prefer Harry Potter's world right now.

No comments: