Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mildly Peeved

Taking a quick break my coworkers and I headed down to the cafe ... I was just tagging along. Somehow we got on the topic of birthdays. Hubby's is coming up and it's the big 40. I mentioned that if I had lost my job we (my SIL, MIL, and I) had planned to give hubby money to buy another gun, but since I am keeping my job (at least for now) we're going to get him a computer.

Then I mentioned that I'd get more use from a new computer than a new gun since I'm not exactly hitting the range regularly (and probably won't for awhile). My coworker made a snarky comment about keeping guns away from the kid all together.

Which of course I said would never happen and I snarked back that our kid will probably be a sharp shooter by the age of 10 (joking of course). And she actually said, "well, I know our kids will never play together."

WTF?

Seriously? I mean, I know her kids are kind of sensitive (wonderful and brilliant kids but all brains and not much braun...not really the kind of kids who play cowboy & indian) and she's a total liberal but telling someone that they won't let their kids play with your unborn kid because we as parents believe in our second amendment rights and plan to teach our kids how to handle themselves? Like my kid is going to take a rifle to the playground.

I was pissed. I didn't show it. I had so many rants I could have gone on about ... like how I'm sure my kid will be the one who defends her kids' asses when the shit hits the fan. Like I wouldn't want my kids to play with her kids because who would be there to defend them if a slime ball attacked (they live in a much more dangerous place than we do). At least if someone attacked my house we'd be able to defend ourselves.

After all, the police are not exactly proactive...they are reactive and won't get there until after we're robbed, raped, or dead. Her kids would be a hell of a lot safer at my house.

I'm still a little peeved. It amazes me how holier than thou her attitude is about guns. (She's made comments before.) As if my support of gun rights makes me a complete moron or alien in her eyes. It's one of the few subjects where she really lets her liberal feelings show.

I didn't even make snarky comments when she was talking about her "environmentally sensitive" birthday party for one of her sons. *gag me* Besides I think she used the wrong term...it's not so much eco friendly as nature themed since they're going to a nature park. But whatever. I kept my trap shut.

It's amazing how INsensitive liberals are when it comes to expressing their own disagreeing views. But heaven forbid you try to discuss non-popular (non PC) things logically ... then you're an insensitive knuckle dragger.

5 comments:

jana said...

Liberals are a most intolerant bunch, even though they want to *pretend* that they're tolerant and inclusive.

You're only tolerated or included if you agree with them 100%. No variations on the theme. 100%.

Just ask Miss California.

(heh... the word verification is "iddyot"... which is a lot like idjit... which is what most Liberals are...)

Sandee said...

What SpeakDog said honey. She's right on the money. You either agree with then or they get snarky. I've got my guns and I know how to use them. They will be the first to go when the crud hits the fan. Just keep smiling.

You are more than welcome at my house. Just saying.

Have a terrific day. :)

pamibe said...

I don't think liberals know how to be 'tolerant' toward any views other than their own.

That said, I know liberals and they are, for the most part, terrified of guns for some reason. In her mind she was simply being a good mother by vowing to not ever let her kids play with yours. Even though her kids will probably play with plenty of kids whose parents own firearms and she will never know it.

Like Sandee said: 'Just keep smiling'. ;-)

CastoCreations said...

Thanks, ladies. It's just really frustrating. I know that she is afraid of guns ... she won't even let her kids have 'toys' that are 'gun like' ... not that her kids would probably be interested in them. They are really good boys and very very very smart. I just wish she wasn't teaching them to be fearful of something that is our Constitutional RIGHT.

Unknown said...

My kiddo got a Ruger 10/22 for his 10th birthday. He hasn't be disowned by any friends. Come to a free state!
I'm very proud of you for wanting to teach your child about guns. Even if you didn't have one in your home, other people will. (And you should have one in your home, but I'm not going to hijack your comment section with that argument.) Your child needs to know how to behave safely around firearms. It could save his life and the lives of his friends.