Monday, April 20, 2009

Communist Paradise?

I have a t-shirt that reads on the back:

"Communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance."

It's fun to wear downtown at the State Capital where lots of lefties hang out and shop with their sock and sandal clad feet and their non disposable shopping bags. I always worry about my car though...at the Farmer's market it's my "Keep the Change", "I love my Carbon Footprint", and "Peace through Superior Firepower" in a sea of supportive Obama and save the planet bumper stinkers

I wonder how the lefties would survive in the Communist paradise of North Korea. I've long been fascinated by this sad country. Last year I finished a nice thick book called Under the Loving Care of the Fatherly Leader: North Korea and the Kim Dynasty and was fascinated and horrified at the same time. The life these people are forced to live because of the maniac's running the country (into the ground).

I highly recommend the book...as thick as it is, it did read fairly quickly. I wish it had more photos (I'm very visual) but it's understandably difficult to get photos when you have 24 hour a day handlers.

Somehow, Tomas van Houtrvve managed to get some incredibly moving, and chilling, photos when he posed as a prospective businessman. They make me want to cry. My life is so very different...spoiled in comparison...that it is hard to take my problems very seriously.

h/t for the photos: Carpe Diem

No comments: