Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just Because It's Not True, Doesn't Make it a Lie

That seems to be what The One thinks anyway...you know how you can word something in just a certain way that doesn't make it a true falsehood (ha...true falsehood, funny), but it doesn't exactly ring true? He hit the ball out of the park with this laughable statement:

"There has never been a program of this scale, moved at this speed, that has been enacted as effectively and as transparently as the recovery act..."
Excuse me while I laugh hysterically. Did he say this with a straight face? Were his fingers crossed behind his back?

How can any sane person believe that!?!

I mean, I agree that there hasn't ever been a program of this scale or that has moved at this speed. That it has been implemented effectively or transparently???????

Seriously? When I heard this played on the radio I was actually shocked, though I suppose I shouldn't have been.

Are his handlers and staff shielding him from reality? Has he fallen so far under his own spell that he has NO idea how ridiculous his policies are, how damaging they are, and how badly he is doing as president?
The website, recovery.gov, reported $26.5 million going to ten New Mexico Congressional districts that do not exist. Those millions were credited with creating 61.5 jobs. Spadework by our Watchdog counterparts in other states showed a total of $6.4 billion reported as being allocated to 440 nonexistent, or “phantom,” Congressional districts.

Right, I suppose he's such an empty vessel that these "phantom" districts are perfectly acceptable to him as proof of his genius and prowess in bringing the economy up from the bowels.

This country is in serious trouble financially. I'm still optimistic and believe that we will come out of it eventually. Sadly, I hope we don't come out of it before 2012...if we do it will NOT be because of his insane policies, but in spite of. Yet he will not hesitate to claim credit...the way Biden thinks that the success of the Iraq war will be one of The One's biggest achievements. *sigh*

Delusions. I suppose it's nice to be in their world.

4 comments:

Jude said...

So absurd and quite funny actually. I have never been able to understand all the political double talk, but it's funny to listen to sometimes.

Unknown said...

Propaganda, You lie about something enough, often enough, in the same way...It becomes truth. The Progressives are experts.

Peace

Jen said...

It was the "transparency" that got me. I agree with Don, if you repeat it enough eventually the one repeating it will believe it as truth.

Sad.

CastoCreations said...

I am thin and beautiful...I am thin and beautiful...I am thin and beautiful...

Nope...still chubby. And too tired to be beautiful. :) hee hee

I guess it only works if you're a politician.