Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Someone Moved My Cheese

And I mean that literally.

My cheese and my lunch meat were not in their proper place when I went to make my sandwich for lunch.

I have issues and I realize this. OCD is just one of them (there are many others). I put my food for work in the same exact spot EVERY single day. And if someone is in my spot, I move them. It's a compulsion. I can't control it (okay, I realize that I could...but I don't...whatever...don't judge me - I'm pregnant damnit!).

So someone, who must not know how crazy I am, has started putting their food in "my" spot for the last two days. And for the last two days I've moved it down one shelf to a new spot.

You have to imagine...I come in to work and open the fridge and stare ... there's already stuff in the place where I am preparing to place my food. It's like ... oh I don't even know how to describe it. But it totally throws me off. (Yes, crazy...I've already admitted that.)

I obviously pissed this person off today. At lunch I go to the fridge to make my super yummy sandwich and my cheese and lunch meat are GONE!

Please understand...food is so far the only thing I've completely come unhinged about since I've been pregnant. All fits and insane behavior have revolved around food - and hubby learned VERY quickly not to try to take my food. (I almost threw a knife at him when he tried to take a piece of my pizza.)

I very nearly had a full out sobbing breakdown in the kitchen. I held it together just long enough to look in other places ... and there was my food. HIDDEN in the very back of a completely different shelf behind other people's food. Clearly deliberately done to display other person's annoyance at me.

Which I get. I totally get. And don't blame them for at all.

But it still prompted me to curse. And then to laugh. I am completely insane. The pregnancy just exacerbates it.

Now I am on a mission to find out WHO moved my cheese (and lunch meat) so I can explain my craziness. Everyone who knows me totally gets it. Another coworker once put her stuff in "my" spot in front of me and I moved it in front of her and she laughed. She gets me. I wish everyone got me.

2 comments:

A Valdese Blogger said...

I understand. Well, not fully about the pregnancy, since I'm male and science has yet to perfect any form of male pregancy, as far as I know. But about your spot in the refrigerator. I understand.

CastoCreations said...

Thank you! =D I'm glad someone does. LOL