Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So Now What?

Well, the one blog I got paid (slightly) to write is now defunct. I can't even log in. I'm so pissed because I really enjoyed writing it and even not getting paid I would continue to write it. But the company, 451 Press, sent out an e-mail (with no subject line) saying that they are no longer going to operate.

Okay...great. So how the hell do I get to my blog?!? They've been having technical issues for weeks now and most bloggers in their network haven't been able to log in. I would love to take over the blog I was writing (homezookeeper if you weren't aware) but it looks like the only way I'll be able to save my data is to start a new Blogger blog and copy/paste the old posts. Which is SO lame.

Even the 451 Press website is off line.

Not a good way to go out...leaving everyone hanging. The forum is gone too so I can't even connect with other bloggers to find out what they're doing.

SO frustrated!

I'm not mad that the company is shutting down. If it isn't financial feasible to operate than yes, shut down. But do it responsibly and take care of those who were, in essence, working for you. Don't just dump and run.

*sigh*

3 comments:

pamibe said...

What a classy way to go out: 'Screw you'!

Geez... is there an export function?

brokenteepee said...

That's a shame. I hope you can get your posts.

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat. You can find me on http://gillpolack.livejournal.com if that helps.