Sunday, May 10, 2009

Do You Tatoo?

I'm not a tatoo fan. My sweet little cousin, a gorgeous girl who could easily have been a model, got a huge one all up and down one of her sides. I hate it. I was so pissed when I found out that I cried and couldn't even talk to her.

I told her it looked like a hussy tatoo, and I think it does. Though she is decidedly NOT a hussy and that's what is most upsetting.

I guess I'm a hypocrite though because there are a few tatoos that I think are hot - and they're all on guys.

When I was younger, under 18, I toyed with the idea of a tatoo, but I am relieved that I never got one. I definitely would have regretted it now. I would have picked something stupid and meaningless like a flower. Or even worse, a boyfriend's name!



Do you have a tatoo? Do you want one? Do your kids have one or want one? I hope I can convince my kid not to get one ... unless its a boy and he joins the military. *grin*

4 comments:

Sandee said...

No, I never wanted a tattoo so I never got one. I don't think many of them look good. I can also imagine what they are going to look like 30-40 years from now. Yikes.

Have a terrific day. :)

jana said...

I've got one... I wanted one when I was younger, but my ex-husband would always talk me out of it by saying "What will you do when you're 40 and have a stupid tattoo?"

Well, I turned 40, I didn't have my stupid tattoo, so I got one.

I can see how they're not for everyone, but I love mine. I'll post a photo on my blog so you can see it...

Flo said...

They are not for everyone, but I love them. I have 7 and I love every one of them. My first one I got when I was 16. The others have been added over the years and they all have a special meaning to me. I think they look fabulous and are situated in places that won't look bad in 30-40 years. Also, my skin takes really well to tattoos. My first one is still gorgeous and looks like it was done recently.

pamibe said...

I don't have any and don't think that there's anything wrong with them... but I did want one when I turned 50. Still don't have any, though.

I think they can look cheap and ugly if not done right or there's too much. But it's not for me to say what people do with their bodies... ya know?