Thursday, November 20, 2008

If You Ignore it Will it Go Away?

I check Instapundit daily...multiples times a day actually. Today Glenn links to a Wall Street Journal article about ignoring the market until February.

I'd love to. I really would.

But I can't. Because I work in the financial world and my job is seriously at risk. We had an e-mail announcement from our current CEO and then a meeting with the head of our department. It's scary. I had a total panic attack yesterday.

I'm feeling a little better today. The fact is that I have no control over what the company decides to do. I don't agree with all of their decisions but it's not my company. I just want to keep my job. So I have to pray that the market starts to even out and we stop bleeding money.

If I do lose my job...the world won't end. The chance of hubby losing his job is slim to none. We'd have to scale back a lot but we'd also save a bit in gas, parking, insurance, etc. Plus with my coupon addiction we've got plenty of food stocked up. =)

If the author of the WSJ article is right December might be even more stressful as people sell off their stocks to take advantage of tax benefits. I can only hope that the company looks into the future and doesn't make short term decisions out of panic.

Here's hoping!

No comments: