Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nine Days Ago


Only nine short days ago, a monster ruthlessly snuffed out the lives of four human beings. Humans with families, friends, and lives beyond their jobs.

Today those officers will be honored at the largest law enforcement funeral held in our state. Hubby is attending with one of his coworkers. I think it starts at 1 p.m. but they are aiming to get there at 11 a.m. to join the officer procession.

On my way to work at 7 a.m. I counted at least 34 cars with their lights going and a fire truck on their way to join the procession. Then the local mall had a memorial message up on their reader board thing and I almost lost it.

I pray that all the officers attending today are safe and that no other monster tries to use this as an opportunity for their own evil doings. That's my biggest fear today...that some other psycho will take more lives. They are estimating at least 20,000 in attendance.

From my office building I can see the Tacoma Dome where the funeral is being held. It's also going to be televised and there are satellite locations for people to gather and watch on big screen TVs.

If you'd like to offer a donation, no matter how big or small, to the families of these four fallen heroes, please visit the Lakewood Police Independent Guild website where there is a donation link. Nine children lost a parent nine days ago. I know what that feels like, even though my father was not taken violently. These families will never be the same.

No comments: