Friday, October 23, 2009

Here Piggy Piggy

Have you gotten your Swine Flue shot yet? Stupid H1N1. The whole hype just pisses me off.

However...

I was brow beaten into submission by my mother, who is an RN, and the rest of her medical colleagues. Not only did I get the regular flu shot for the first time in over a decade, but I also got the H1N1 vaccine (not the shot, the spray up the nose).

Why?

Because of the kid. See...kids ruin your lives. :)

Plus they say that H1N1 is more dangerous to younger people than older...which I find really odd. They aren't even giving the vaccine to people over 65 at my mom's clinic. Hubby is a first responder and we have an infant...those are the only two reasons we did it and even qualified to receive it.

The shortage of vaccines is incredible too. My mom called me to tell me that they had FIVE vaccines left in her office and to get in as soon as we could. Less than two hours later they had three left. We got two of them. It's incredible that there is such a shortage.

So I did it for my son. I swear his head grew two sizes over night. He'll be four weeks old tomorrow!

Are you getting the regular flu vaccine or the H1N1? I still think that it's being overblown by the media and government. I told the nurses at the clinic that if I got Geon Burray (or however you spell it) I was going to be super pissed.

No comments: